Selling your home during the holidays can prove to be a very stressful ordeal if you go through the process unprepared. Below, though, are eleven reasons as to why selling your home during the holidays may prove to be much more beneficial than not:
- People who look for a home during the holidays are buyers that are more serious.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition mean more money for you.
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. Staging your home during the holiday season makes your property look far more cozy and inviting. This will give you a major advantage when it comes time to close.
- Buyers are far more sentimental during the holidays so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than during regular weekdays.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax purposes, as well.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, it is beneficial to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market.
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the holidays. This will allow you to make any, seasonal, last-minute repairs or changes to your property before the next open house.
- You can sell now for more money and certain real estate agents will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
For more information regarding the selling process, visit the Contact Us page or call our offices directly at (801) 352-8000.