Riverton, Utah Real Estate Explore Homes for Sale in Riverton, Utah!
Riverton is located in Salt Lake County of Utah in the United States and comes under the Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is also one of the fastest growing cities in Utah. As per the CNN Money Magazine, it was considered to be the 60th best place to live in the United States in 2005.
• Location and Geography – Riverton shares its borders with Herriman in the west, Bluffdale in the south, Draper in the east and South Jordan in the north. It gets snow in the winters but during the summer season, the temperatures reach 100 °F. It used to be a rural farm earlier but now, it is a fast developing suburban city.
• Education – There are six elementary schools (public) in Riverton –
- Rose Creek,
- Midas Creek, and
There are two middle schools –
- South Hills, and
- Oquirrh Hills.
In addition, there is one high school called Riverton High School, which faced a lot of congestion, to relieve which another high school was built in Herriman.
• Hospitals – In November 2009, Intermountain Healthcare funded Riverton’s “The Intermountain Riverton Hospital” which not only serves the needs of Riverton but also of the surrounding areas.
The hospital is designed in such a way that it can be expanded further to the Southeast part and still continues to grow.
• Parks and Recreation – A host of activities are held every year in Riverton. Special events include –
- Easter egg hunts for children and teens;
- Races like half marathons and country miles;
- Free movies in the park for families that include many latest and popular movies; and
- A community fair.
The Riverton Arts Festival is pretty fun as well. Other events include –
- Halloween Bash;
- Veteran’s Day Program;
- Christmas celebrations; and
- International days, which include concerts, events and other cultural shows.
• Riverton Library – This beautiful library is an architectural delight and has a warm atmosphere that welcomes readers to feel at home. The library has a great collection for kids and adults alike.
There are 18 computers in the library, which all come with internet access and have MS Office too. For students, there are study tables that come with reading lamps so that a laptop or a notebook can be used. Even the library hosts many events that people can enjoy.
Overall, Riverton is a safe and fun city to live in and it adjacent to the Bangerter Highway. The schools are great and the shopping centers are convenient. There are many activities held all year round to keep the residents entertained.
- The Towers 43
- Wj; Sj; Rvrton; Herriman; Bingh 39
- Royal Farms 8
- Mcintyre Farms 7
- Monarch Meadows 7
- Western Springs 7
- Saddlebrook 6
- Dansie Place 6
- Cardon Square 5
- River Town Profess 3
- Green Haven 3
- Deer Mountain Estate 3
- Foothills 3
- The Foothills 3
- Hidden Acres 2
- Forest Meadows 2
- Rose Creek Crossing 2
- Hamilton Acres 2
- Dansie Estates 2
- Kings Crossing 2